Tuesday 17 January 2012

Autonomy: Why would I choose it?



 au·ton·o·my   [aw-ton-uh-mee]
noun, plural -mies.
1.independence or freedom, as of the will or one's actions: theautonomy of the individual.
2.the condition of being autonomous;  self-government, or theright of self-government; independence: The rebels demandedautonomy from Spain.
3.a self-governing community.



Many people (but not all) that choose to call themselves neopagans or modern eclectic, or eclectic neopagan, tend to like the autonomy it allows them in the everyday, work a day world.
Indepenant by choice or circumstance, a person may hone their craft and worship the Divine as they see fit. They can decide when and where to worship, they choose the language they feel most comfortable using when calling on or speaking to Goddesses/Gods/Nature/Divine.

 I am drawn to the freedom to believe in goodness, to live by the Wiccan Rede  “an it harm none, do as ye will”.  I want to create with the blessing, and as a conduit, of the Divine. 

Having said that, I also love the input and support of like minded folk on public domain sites & those who appreciate my creations.  Typically I am a very social person. I am also a person that doesn't like to be told what to do. The emphasis is on Told here.

I have always aspired to the phrase …to each their own… in as far as religion, love and politics go. I believe each of us is responsible for our own actions & choices. As I study my path I find many others before me have chosen this individual way and found joy and freedom. There are  many books published on this and similar paths.

Back in the day our people learned as they went and passed the info down and around. Autonomous and social.

There is so much information available to a beginner trying to find a path. As I read through I am taken by some of the information and it rings true. That information could be something that I had already felt was right or did anyway, but more often than not it speaks to me as an AH HA! Moment.  I agree and see why. I understand the thought or reason.   

This is what forms the basis for what will ultimately be my chosen “title” and path.

I understand autonomy is not for everyone. I think is is important to be on different paths  the Divine has planned for them. 

Seren

No comments:

Post a Comment